The souvenir store on the boulevard was originally an antique store but moved to Omotesando Dori in 1951 to target the U.S. army personnel in the area (it is modeled after a shrine and stocks “Japanesey” items).
These two structures were formerly customs warehouses for Yokohama port. They underwent extensive renovation before re-opening in 2002. Today they contain small boutiques, craft shops, and a handful of restaurants and cafes. Open-air events are often held in the surrounding plaza.