Ueno Sakuragi Atari is the result of a project in conjunction with Taito Cultural and Historical Society which restored three houses dating back to 1938 (plans had originally been put forward to demolish them and build a parking lot). Opened in March 2016, the small area now includes a natural yeast beer hall, bakery, and an olive oil store, but it is being able to see the architecture of the early Showa years that is Ueno Sakuragi Atari’s real charm.
10 minutes from the South Exit of JR Nippori Station or the Park Exit of JR Ueno Station (walk to the north end of the park)
Beer hall open until 22:30. Closed on Mondays